As part of your application to the online Bachelor of Arts in Early Care & Education, you will need to write and submit a Personal Statement.
Your Personal Statement should be an essay of no more than 600 words. The essay should cover the following topics and questions:
- Your expectations of the program. What do you hope to learn and to be able to do?
- Your experience or interest in working with young children (birth to 8 years old). What professional or volunteer experience do you have working with young children, or why are you drawn to working with young children?
- Your perception of the value of this program to your professional development. How do you hope to grow and benefit professionally?
- What are the personal and professional qualities that you bring to the program learning environment?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses that you bring to an online program?
- How important is completing this degree to you? What are some qualities you possess that will help you to achieve this goal?