As part of your application to the online Bachelor of Arts in Early Care & Education, you will need to write and submit a Personal Statement.
Your Personal Statement should be an essay of 400–600 words. The essay should cover the following topics and questions:
- Your expectations of the program. What do you hope to learn and to be able to do?
- Your experience or interest in working with young children (birth to 8 years old). What professional or volunteer experience do you have working with young children, or why are you drawn to working with young children?
- Your perception of the value of this program to your professional development. How do you hope to grow and benefit professionally?
- What personal and professional qualities, strategies, and skills do you bring to the ECE program that will help you be a successful student?
- Is there anything else you would like to share with us?